Before proceeding with your registration, please read these Terms and Conditions. Please do not register tickets if you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions.
‘Event’ in these Terms and Conditions refers to the Redcliffe KiteFest event being held at Pelican Park, Clontarf on Sat 11 September 9am – 4pm, 2021 and Sunday 12 September, 9am – 4pm, 2021, and being organised by ‘Event Organisers’ Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism (MBRIT).
Win A Golden Ticket to Redcliffe KiteFest
Terms and Conditions - Win A Golden Ticket to Redcliffe KiteFest
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism ABN 91 604 740 936 of 433 Elizabeth Avenue, Kippa Ring, Queensland, 4020, phone (07) 3453 1400, (“Promoter”).
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to individuals who:
(i) are Australian permanent residents.
(ii) enter via purchasing tickets online to Redcliffe KiteFest 2021
(iii) who are not employees or “immediate family members” of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; (“Entrant”). This includes Directors, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and those of any agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated with this Promotion. “Immediate family member” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor.
(iv) Consent to our third-party partners (Sesame Lane Care and Kindergarten, Moreton Daily, Visit Moreton Bay Region and University of Sunshine Coast (USC)) collecting, storing and using your personal information for its marketing purpose.
4. The Competition commences at 3:00pm AEST on 19/04/21 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 07/09/21 (“Entry Period”).
5. Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
6. To enter, entrants must purchase online tickets to Redcliffe KiteFest via the www.redcliffekitefest.com.au or www.eventbrite.com.au for the 2021 event on 11-12th September, 2021.
7. Entries must be received during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
8. The Promoter may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
9. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The Promoter may (subject to State Regulations) vary the terms of, or terminate, this Promotion at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant, contestant or other person. The Promoter will not award the prize if the Promotion is terminated for whatever reason.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise preventing entrants from successfully submitting an Entry, any injury or damage to entries or to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
12. The winner (“Winner”) will be selected at 12.00pm AEST on 08/09/21 at Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism office at 433 Elizabeth Avenue, Kippa Ring, QLD 4020.
13. The Prize winners will be notified immediately via email. The name of the prize winner will be published at www.redcliffekitefest.com.au on 08/09/21 for a period of not less than 14 days.
14. The winner will receive:
• Express entry into Redcliffe KiteFest
• 2 x All Day Ride Passes
• Meet and Greet with Bluey
• 2 x Kite Making Workshops
• Premium Stage Seating
15. The Prize notification will state that the Prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the Winner may claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. The Winner must be able to prove to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that he/she satisfies the requirements of being an Entrant pursuant to condition these Terms and Conditions.
16. Should the prize not be claimed by 12pm 10/09/21, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw at 3:00pm AEST at Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism office at 433 Elizabeth Avenue, Kippa Ring QLD 4021, on the 10/09/21 to distribute any prize unclaimed by that date subject to any written directions given by a relevant lotteries or gaming authority.
17. The Entrant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Entrant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
18. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in to the Prize Details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize(s) is/are subject to any prize restrictions specified in the Schedule. All Prize values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of preparation of these Conditions of Entry.
19. All Prizes and/or parts of the Prize(s) are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on any dates specified in these terms and conditions and/or as stipulated by the prize provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash is specified. The Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes, or for any compensation in relation to those prizes
20. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
21. If a Prize involves travel, no other costs will be included and all expenses (including, but not limited to, accommodation, air fares, the costs of transport to and from a prize venue and meals), other than those specifically referred to, will be at each winner’s and (if applicable) their accompanying guest’s cost. The Promoter and/ or a nominated Prize Provider will not be liable for the failure of the winner and any accompanying guests to meet travel schedules or cancellations for whatever reason and regardless as to fault, and no cash or alternative tickets or bookings will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
22. All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation:
(i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
(ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
(iii) any liability for personal injury or death. The Promoter may request that the Winner sign and return a deed of release to this effect as a condition of the Prize being awarded. If the Winner fails to sign and return such release, the Winner may forfeit the Prize.
23. All Entrants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
24. By entering the Promotion, you agree to the Promoter and two third parties collecting, storing and using your personal information for its marketing purposes, including contacting by electronic messaging for the purposes of marking and administration, including contacting the Entrant about future promotions, special offers, goods and/or services. The Promoter and/or a nominated Prize Provider, may use any personal information entrants provide in connection with this competition for the purpose of running the Promotion, and also in in advertisements, publications, media statements and other promotional material associated with the Promotion. The Promoter may disclose the personal information entrants provide for those purposes to its related agencies, contractors and representatives connected with this Promotion and to relevant authorities in the Relevant States.
Although the Sites are available to anyone with internet access, the Sites may not be continuously available due to the need for maintenance or repairs as a result of computer problems, crashes or disruptions in the internet service or in relation to any unforeseen circumstances. MBRIT reserves the right to temporarily or permanently de-activate or shut down access to the Sites or any part or aspect of the Sites without prior notice to you.
Any prices or fees charged by MBRIT are all specified or referred to in Australian Dollars.
You acknowledge and agree that you must always provide MBRIT with accurate information and that you agree to update that information immediately whenever necessary. You further agree that, in the absence of any update, we assume that the information submitted by you to MBRIT or to the Sites are correct.
In order to use the Sites:
MBRIT owns the intellectual property to the Content of this website. MBRIT reserves all its rights in the intellectual property published on the Sites.
Other than as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (“Copyright Act”), or expressly authorised by MBRIT, no part of any material contained on this website or web pages can be reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written consent of the copyright owner.
Any copyright and trademarks on the Sites are owned by MBRIT.
You may not use any of the MBRIT trademarks without MBRIT’s prior written consent. All other trademarks appearing on the Sites are the property of their respective owners.
If you wish to use any material from this website, please contact us by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content and Accuracy of Information
MBRIT provides the information and Content display on this website to promote Moreton Bay Region as a service to the community. MBRIT attempts to keep the Content of this site up to date, however does not warrant and makes no representation as to the accuracy of any information or Content displayed on the website or its suitability for your use. You must make your own enquiries to satisfy yourself that the information on this website is accurate. You should not rely solely on this information to make decisions.
The views which are expressed by members of the public who have uploaded information or Content to the Sites are not the views of MBRIT and MBRIT accepts no liability whatsoever in respect to any of the information or Content posted on the Sites by third parties nor is MBRIT responsible for its Content or accuracy. Any reliance you place on any information or Content posted on the Sites is at your own risk.
Some of the Content on the Sites, including articles, campaigns, blogs, sponsorships and promotions, constitute as paid advertising (Sponsored Content). This means that MBRIT may have received a payment or other benefit in return for publishing and/or distributing the Sponsors Content on the Sites (including other sites and social media platforms owned and operated by MBRIT). MBRIT does not verify, endorse or otherwise approve Sponsored Content.
Third party Content
MBRIT provides bookings for tourism, travel, transportation, events and other related products and services. MBRIT does not endorse or warrant the quality of any third party products or services. Any bookings are made with third parties direct or through their agents. You must contact the third parties to confirm the suitability of any bookings. Any bookings you make with third parties are subject to the terms and conditions of third parties.
Third party links
The Sites provide links to websites owned and operated by third parties. MBRIT does not warrant the accuracy of information, the functionality or bona fides of any such website. Clicking on any links to external websites is at your own risk and MBRIT does not accept any responsibility or liability for any claims, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind (including legal fees) arising out of your use of these links or the description of information supplied. You must make your own enquiries to satisfy yourself that the information on third party websites is accurate. You should not rely on this information to make decisions.
Your correspondence or dealings, including business, or participation in promotions including competitions and hot offers / deals, of advertisers and users of these Sites, is solely between you and the advertiser / user. MBRIT is not liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort that may be incurred as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of advertisements on the Sites.
Posting to the Sites
The Sites offer businesses and individuals the facility to submit or post some Content. For Content you submit, in whatever format, you assign and agree to MBRIT all rights, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in all Content you submit. The Content will be published on the Sites at MBRIT’s sole discretion and by doing so, you give consent for MBRIT to edit or adapt the Content at our sole discretion.
By uploading Content to the Sites, you agree that you do not require attribution for the Content you have submitted. You will be held legally responsible for the Content you submit and will bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy and usefulness of the Content.
By uploading or posting any Content to the Sites, you warrant that:
For any Content that you submit, you agree not to upload, post, or make available any Content that is objectionable, including but not limited to:
All Content submitted to the Sites must be first approved in writing by MBRIT. Irrespective of whether or not the Content has been approved by MBRIT, there is no obligation on MBRIT to monitor the Content and MBRIT has the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content submitted.
User Generated Content
MBRIT displays User Generated Content (UGC) from social media platforms including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube on the Visit Moreton Bay Region website and other digital platforms. MBRIT does not claim to have ownership to any of the images, videos or Content posted through these channels.
By voluntarily submitting to us, or by posting on the Sites any communications or Content, you grant MBRIT, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from distribute, and display such communications or Content in any form, media or technology.
On the Visit Moreton Bay Region social media channels we will credit your name and / or business name but due to technical reasons, some of the UGC shared on the website may not be credited. You can revoke this licence at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com
Furthermore, due to technical reasons, some of the UGC shared on the website is not always reviewed by MBRIT before displaying on the Sites and does not necessarily reflect the views of MBRIT. If you find the Content to be inappropriate or discriminatory, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the issue.
Competitions and Deals
MBRIT may from time to time run competitions or other promotions on this Sites including hot offers and deals from third-parties. These will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you at the relevant time.
Payment and Refunds
Please refer to our Ticket Terms and Conditions available at the top of the page.
Users under 18
You are responsible for keeping the computer or device on which you are accessing the Sites free from any and all viruses and malicious programs and maintaining all appropriate security measures.
You acknowledge that your failure to do so may lead to, amongst other things, the interception of data by unauthorised parties.
MBRIT will have no liability to you whatsoever if you suffer any loss that is caused wholly or in part by your failure to keep the computer or device from which you are accessing the Sites safe and secure.
MBRIT does not in any way warrant that the functions contained in MBRIT websites will be uninterrupted or without error. MBRIT will in no way be liable (in negligence or howsoever) for the propagation of computer worms, computer viruses or any other harmful components transmitted from MBRIT websites or from other third party websites.
All of the information provided on MBRIT websites is given or made on an “all due care taken, but no liability” basis.
Links and Advertising
This Sites may contain links to third party websites. Those websites are not under the control of MBRIT and MBRIT is in no way responsible for the Content of the links contained in those websites or any webcasting or other transmission received from any such website.
Neither MBRIT or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate recommend or endorse the Content of any third party websites which may be linked to or from the Sites, or any products or any services of any third party organisations mentioned or described on this Sites or linked to or from the Sites. You acknowledge that you enter any third party website at your own risk.
This Sites may contain advertisements for third party goods and/or services. The third party advertisers are responsible for the accuracy of all representations they make in those advertisements. Neither MBRIT or its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate recommend or endorse the goods or services that may be advertised on the Sites nor does MBRIT offer the goods or services for sale or make any other representation whatsoever about them. If you wish to purchase any product or service advertised by a third party on the Sites, you do so at your own risk.
Disclaimer of Indemnity
The information in the Sites are provided as a guide only and may have been provided to MBRIT by third parties. Irrespective of any measures taken by MBRIT to check that the information is accurate or complete, in no event will MBRIT be liable to any person in contract, tort (including, but without limitation, negligence) or otherwise if any information on this Sites are incomplete or inaccurate.
The internet exists across open public networks that are neither secure nor private and accordingly you acknowledge and accept the risk that any communication to or from the Sites may be intercepted, used or modified by third parties. You also acknowledge that your access to and use of the Sites, including the software operating in connection with the Sites, may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of MBRIT’s control.
Neither MBRIT nor any of its officers, employees, agents or related bodies shall be liable to you or to anyone else for:
Any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures or for the destruction of, or damage or unauthorised access to, your computer system or network
Any defamatory, infringing, offensive or illegal conduct or material found in connection with the Sites including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by any other person
Any loss, damage or cost, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, purely economic, consequential or punitive damages, or any legal costs, arising out of, or in connection with the use of the Sites or information provided by you through the Sites
Any loss of revenue, loss of income, loss of profits (or any anticipated savings), business losses, loss of contracts, loss of business relationship, loss of reputation or goodwill or any loss or corruption of any information or data
Loss of profit, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if MBRIT has been advised of the possibility of such damage) resulting from:
the use or the inability to use the Sites;
the cost of procurement of any substitute service resulting from any information obtained through the Sites;
unauthorised access or alteration of your transmissions or data;
statements or conduct of any third party on the Sites; or
any other matter relating to the Sites themselves.
If MBRIT is found to be liable to you for any damage, loss, cost or expense arising out of or in connection with your use of the Sites then you agree and acknowledge that the liability of MBRIT in total aggregate shall not exceed the dollar amount of the payment made by you (or $500, whichever is the lesser).
You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against any of the officers or employees of MBRIT in respect to any losses you may suffer in connection with the Sites.
The information provided on the MBRIT websites is general information and is not intended to be relied upon. You should make your own enquiries and seek independent alternative advice prior to making any decisions based on information contained in the MBRIT websites.
The material on the MBRIT websites have been obtained from sources believed to be current and accurate when published and is provided by MBRIT in good faith.
MBRIT makes no representations or warranties whatsoever that any of the material on the MBRIT websites will be relevant, accurate, reliable or complete and MBRIT does not in any way accept any responsibilities that may rise in relation to any errors or omissions contained in or derived from the material on the MBRIT websites even if those errors or omissions occur as a result of MBRIT’s negligence. Furthermore, MBRIT makes no representations whatsoever that your access of the MBRIT websites will be secure, timely or uninterrupted.
Any reliance or use of any of the material on the MBRIT websites is entirely at your own risk.
MBRIT makes no representations whatsoever as to the relevance, accuracy or currency in relation to any details placed on the MBRIT websites in relation to any businesses or service providers and makes no representations whatsoever to the safety, quality or suitability of any of the goods or services provided by those businesses or service providers.
MBRIT does not in any way endorse or recommend any product, personal service depicted on the MBRIT websites. Any product, person or service depicted on the MBRIT websites is for information purposes only. MBRIT will in no way be liable for any loss, damage, liability or inconvenience suffered by you or any other person resulting from their use or reliance upon contact details contained in the MBRIT websites. If you intend to rely on the contract details contained in the MBRIT websites, you must first satisfy yourself as to the relevance and accuracy of those contact details.
MBRIT will in no way be liable for any loss, damage, liability or inconvenience suffered by you or by any other person as a result of any internet access difficulties, malfunction of any software or equipment or in relation to any interruption, communications failure or delay in operations or communications.
Any hypertext links to any external websites, mobile applications or digital media outside of the MBRIT websites are provided by MBRIT in good faith and for your convenience only. The said external information is outside of MBRIT’s control and it is your sole responsibility to make your own decisions about the correctness, accuracy, relevance and reliability of any material found on any external website, mobile application or other digital media.
MBRIT takes no responsibility for the content of the external websites, mobile applications or digital media and makes no warranty, representations, undertakings or legal responsibility for the accuracy, usefulness, completeness or relevance of any material located via the hyperlinks or references to external websites, mobile applications or other digital media. MBRIT does not in any way endorse any content whatsoever in any external website, mobile application or digital media whatsoever.
MBRIT in no way whatsoever accepts any liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any other person either directly or indirectly for using or relying on any material located by hypertext links or referred to in external websites, mobile applications or digital media.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander users of the MBRIT websites may contain images of people who have passed away and MBRIT accepts no liability, loss or damage suffered by any person either directly or indirectly as a result of those images.
You release and indemnify, and keep MBRIT released and indemnified, against all Claims, and all costs arising from claims, brought by you or by any third parties arising from:
“Claims” include any and all claims for any losses or damages, including incidental or consequential damages.
You are permitted to edit, modify or update your pre-approved details or Content, provided that the edit, modification or update has been first approved in writing by MBRIT.
You must not in any way modify, adapt or hack the Sites or modify any other website owned or controlled by MBRIT or any other website whatsoever so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Sites.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion or part of the Sites without the express prior written permission of MBRIT.
MBRIT may remove any Content from the Sites which MBRIT believes, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or objectionable but has no obligation to do so.
Any verbal, physical, written or other threat or abuse of any customer, client, consultant, partner, employee, user or officer of MBRIT will result in the immediate termination of your access to the Sites.
You understand and acknowledge that the processing of any information you provide on the Sites, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve the following:
You must in any way or by any means upload, post, host or transmit any unsolicited emails, SMS or “spam” messages.
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
MBRIT reserves the right to place or remove your name, business logo or anything else that you may upload or include on the Sites.
MBRIT does not in any way warrant that:
You acknowledge that where MBRIT uses any third party for any functionality within the Sites, the above points will apply.
All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and include a 10% Goods and Services Tax.
© Copyright Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism 2017. All rights reserved.
MBRIT encourages the promotion of Moreton Bay Region destination information. We do, however, monitor use of the Content contained on the Sites and request all copyright enquiries be sent to email@example.com.
All implied terms, conditions and warranties regarding the functionality and security of the Sites are excluded to the fullest extent possible, except for those that cannot be lawfully excluded.
You acknowledge and agree that internet transmissions and never completely or entirely secure or private and that information whatsoever sent by you may be read or intercepted by others.
You acknowledge that MBRIT has no liability to you arising out of or in connection with the interception of any data by unauthorised parties or for any events beyond MBRIT’s control.
Nothing on the Sites are meant to or will constitute advice of any kind whatsoever. You acknowledge that if you require any legal or other advice that you should consult the appropriate practitioner or professional.
Release and Indemnity
To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release and hold harmless MBRIT and its current and former officers, employees and agents against and from all expenses, costs, liability, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgements and losses of any kind whatsoever (including consequential and economic loss), property loss/damages and damage for injury (including personal injury and death) arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your use of the Sites for any reason whatsoever.
You agree to indemnify MBRIT and its current and former officers, employees and agents for all expenses, costs, liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, damages, judgements and losses of any kind whatsoever (including consequential and economic loss), property loss/damage and damage for injury (including personal injury and death) incurred or suffered by MBRIT or its current or former officers, employees or agents arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your use of the Sites except in respect to any such loss or damage caused or contributed to by the direct negligence caused by the current or former officers, employees or agents of MBRIT.
Use of Information
You agree that MBRIT may use your email address to send you information.
MBRIT is bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (“APP”) set out within the Privacy Act which regulate the way in which personal information is handled.
You acknowledge and agree that MBRIT cannot be in any way held responsible to you as a result of force majeure.
Cases of force majeure (or acts of God) are those events usually recognised as such by the jurisprudence of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
Settlement of Disputes
If you no longer wish to receive any e-newsletters or other promotional material which MBRIT may send to you, you must advise MBRIT that you wish to opt out of receiving any further e-newsletters or other promotional material.
“Content” means the text, documents, information, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, video recordings, audio recordings, sounds, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Sites.
“MBRIT” or “us” or “we” means Moreton Bay Region Industry and Tourism Pty Ltd ABN 91 604 740 936 and its subsidiaries and related bodies corporate.
“Sites” means the MBRIT websites available to you and providing a facility to enter other websites to enter into transactions with third parties, whose details and products and services appear on the MBRIT websites.
“You” means any user of the Sites and includes any person who accesses the Sites.